Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Tricia Goyers New Fiction Series..Book 2

I didn't pay attention to history class, I paid attention to my neighbor who paid attention to history class. How sad that truth is now, not only was it deceitful, I really did only cheat myself. I watch movies or read historical fiction and I am fascinated but sad because I'm not building on any prior knowledge, thank goodness I am capable of learning now and I know how to research and find more information:)

Which brings me to series I am reading written by Tricia Goyer. It is called Chronicles of the Spanish War. Book one was a great love story, packed with war adventures, and the faithfulness of God and his promises. I was so happy that book 2 arrived last week but was afraid to start because I have been known to start and finish a book all in one setting..and then I am wiped out and my kids are wondering what happend.

Here is an excerpt from book 2, I will let you know what I think when I complete it.
Sophie discovers that nothing is as she first imagined. When Walt, the reporter who helped her over the border, shows up again after Guernica is bombed, Sophie is given an impossible mission. She must leave behind the man she's fallen in love with and return to the person who betrayed her.
Another layer of the war in Spain is revealed as Sophie is drawn into the international espionage schemes that could turn the tide of the war and help protect the soldiers from the International Brigade ... but can she find a way to get the information she's discovered to Walt before it's too late?

No comments:

Post a Comment