Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Hospitality...She's the woman!


This is Jean Konotopka, mother of Tasha and Justin Konotopka, grandmother of Kaitlyn, Jocelyn, Steven and Andrew, wife of the late Timothy Konotopka and my precious Mother in law. I have been studying about the gifts of Spirit and when I got to hospitality the first person into my mind was Jean. God has given her the ability for you to honestly feel like you are in your own home(if you of course like your home) or a great retreat area, where you feel peace, rest and comfort.


I think the Archbishop of Canterbury, Fredrick Donald Coggan says it best: "Hospitality is the art of making people feel at home, when you wish they were." She does that and I admire that quality. So many people return to the Konotopka farm and yearn to return to it because of her hospitality, she makes everyone feel welcome and loved. If I didn't know better, I would have thought she was raised by Benedictine monks, they have a practice of receiving all guest as if they were Christ.

I will use what God has shown me both in the Bible and in life to strive to be more hospitable to all. I know I need work desperately in this area, so it's a good thing we are going to SD in less than a month, I can get some more lessons from Jean.

1 comment:

  1. She does have a way of making anyone feel at ease at her home. It is one thing I have always strived to do as well. You never leave without a full tummy or your hands empty she always give so much of herself to others unselfishly. I long to have a loving a giving relationship with my own daughters the way I feel about my relationship with mom. Love, Tasha

    ReplyDelete